Another year gone, and a new one lays ahead. Time to review what’s been done and set new goals for 2012!
Three big things for me in 2011 was of course the move to LA, getting an agent, and then also working on the film Exhumed, which I think it the best work that I have done to date. While it wasn’t my most prolific year since I spent 2 months traveling across the country and going on a long-awaited honeymoon to Fiji, I’ve finally made it to LA, which is a big step in so many respects. Here is a recap of the projects I worked on in 2011 and where they currently stand in the production process:
- The Salinger Spies – Webseries – In post-production: Watch the Trailer
- Among Them – Feature Film – In post-production: Watch the Trailer
- Exhumed – Feature Film – Completed and premiered: Watch the Trailer
- Longreach – Webseries – Episode one completed, more episodes to come
- Love Squared – Webseries – In post-production
- Bad Dinner – Short Film – In post-production
- Putrid – Short Play – Completed
- Trojan Women – Play – Goes up Jan. 5th!
- Simons Commercial – Completed: Watch it Here
- Paradox – Short film – Still Filming
Now, time to review the goals I set up last year and see how I did!
- Get “the one” headshot – I did finally get a headshot I love thanks to Timberwolf Photography, but sadly, this is a hunt that I think will never end as there are still some “holes” that I think I need to fill as far as photos.
- Put together a new and revised reel – Did this. All though, there is some really great pieces I’ve worked on since and once I get footage from them, I will have a completely new and much better reel – just a waiting game at this point.
- Get an agent and manager – Half done. Got an agent, now need a manager.
- Start branching out into other regions – I really tried at this and had some great auditions in NJ, Michigan, and Arkansas, but two of those projects fell through and I had to drop out of the third.
- Start and keep up with P90X work out program – Hmm… didn’t do so well with this one. I’ve actually started doing it much more now here in LA than back home!
- Do another play – Done – twice!
- Nail a challenging role – Done with Exhumed – a very very challenging role and I am so pleased with the entire film and how everything came out.
- Finish my short film – Done!
- Make more websites – Done! I made a few others for more friends and am currently working on two more.
And now for the goals of 2012, being in a new region, I feel a lot like I’m starting all over again, so in some ways, I have to move backwards a little in order to go forwards:
- Get a manager – There has been some interest from a few, but am still looking for that perfect fit.
- Get a small guest star spot on a TV show
- Get a leading role in an indie feature
- Get a “dream” role and nail it
- Get some Equity points – Even though film is where my main interests lie, this is the only union that I’m really interested in joining because, to me, it’s the only one that really “means something”. Joining Equity is so much harder than SAG or AFTRA and if you can earn your way into Equity, it’s truly a stamp of being a good actor.
- Learn to pole dance - I have a friend who does this and it looks like so much fun and a great work out, I really want to give it a shot!
- Do more fun/ outdoorsy things – I find I spend way too much time here in front of my computer and there are so many other things out in the world that I want to do. I’ve joined a for-fun soccer team that will hopefully at least get me started with doing this!